Lids must be removed. Must have label showing CA recycle symbol in order to receive CRV. Otherwise, we will recycle with no redemption.
curbside blue bag program
CRV Bimetal Beverage Cans
CRV Aluminum Beverage Cans
we do accept (please sort by category):
Soda or beer cans, has CA-CRV imprinted on top. Clean and dry cans get better redemption! Must be empty.
Our Cal-Recycle certified recycling center operates year-round Monday through Friday (see above for holiday closures). Our workers learn to operate bailers, crushers, and conveyor belts.
We also sort recyclables as part of the blue bag program for Weed and Dunsmuir (Mt. Shasta blue bags are managed by a different company)
Click here for County-wide Recycling Sites and Guidelines.
WE RECYCLE BUT DO NOT PAY CASH FOR
CRV #1 Clear Plastic Containers
CALL 918-4906 FOR RECYCLING QUESTIONS
Frosty plastic beverage bottles (juice jugs) Please rinse!
Non-CRV glass containers (food, household)
Non-CRV aluminum (ex. cat-food cans)
Non-CRV #1 - #7 plastic containers (please rinse and sort by number)
CRV #2 Plastic Containers
- Windows, PVC Pipes, Ceramics, Glass Cookware
We cannot accept the following:
Coconut water or pineapple juice cans. Must have CA-CRV symbol.
Ex. soda bottles, food jars and containers, mouthwash/salad dressing bottles). Caps are okay on empty plastic bottles.
RECYCLING CENTER HOURS MON - FRI 9AM - 4PM
frequently asked questions
Do I need to have my items sorted before arriving?
- Yes! Our staff is not necessarily available to help you sort at the center. Please rinse and dry your items, and have them sorted by item/number.
- Glass does not need to be sorted by color, but each item should have its label showing CA-CRV for cash redemption.
- State law requires recycling centers to pay CRV refunds for loads that contain ONLY eligible CRV beverage containers. Non-CRV materials must be removed from the load, or we may reject the load or pay only the scrap value for the material.
- Please try to arrive by 3:30 if your items are not pre-sorted; our staff work long days in outdoor conditions and need to get the center closed on time.
How much recyclable material can I bring in one day?
- Per state guidelines, daily load cannot exceed 100lbs of aluminum or plastic, and 1,000lbs of glass.
- If you are in a vehicle with out-of-state license plates, we can only redeem up to $50 worth of any material.
- We cannot split daily loads into multiple transactions. If your load exceeds or looks like it will exceed the above limit, we must refuse it and send it home with you to separate.
- We can only honor one transaction per vehicle.
Your hours say you're open until 4pm; it's 3:50 and the gate is closed
- Per state guidelines, we must have all transactions completed by the time we close! If our lot is full at 3:45, we may need to stop admitting customers so that we can complete transactions and get our staff home on time.
I thought my material was clean and dry, but I got a lower redemption rate
- We have to go by CalRecycle standards. The state will only reimburse us based on a lower contaminate rate. Your items may look clean and dry to you, but we have to look for water droplets, cigarette butts, rocks (yes, people put rocks in to make their loads heavier!)
What is the difference between aluminum and steel/tin cans?
- Most cat food cans are made from aluminum, while most other types of cans are made from steel; a good way to check is to see if a magnet will stick! Magnets will not stick to aluminum products.
I'm donating my materials; where does the money go?
- The funds we receive from donations are used toward our programs. Most recently, we were able to add an expansion to our Yreka location and open a new office in Yreka for our bulk mailing program.